Followers

Monday, February 6, 2023

The Little Things: Olive and Her Kitties

Adobe Stock by Tavrox


🎵 "All Things Bright and Beautiful

All creatures, great and small

All things Wise and Wonderful, 

"Twas God that made them all" 🎵

This little song that I sang all through my childhood always comes rushing back whenever I happen upon scenes across the city where men and women are kneeling or sitting among stray animals or birds, mostly pigeons, feeding them, giving them love and attention that one could imagine they would give their own animals. I sometimes think of these people as a special breed who God specifically chose to take care of his creatures in the wild or the ones with no forever homes. Are they a special breed, or are they simply people who decide every day to reach beyond themselves and see these birds and animals as they truly are? Bright, beautiful, wise, and wonderful creations of God, and so are worthy of their time, their resources-no matter how limited, and their love. 

I happened upon one such kind soul taking care of some neighborhood cats; her name is Olive.💟😸







Songwriters: Cecil Francis Alexander / Edwin George Monk / George Mcbeth McPhee
All Things Bright and Beautiful lyrics © Capitol CMG Publishing, Royalty Network, Universal Music Publishing Group, Warner Chappell Music, Inc
Song by Bill Staines
Unidentified Poor Grandmother in the street feeding Pigeons- Adobe Stock Image by Tavrox

6 comments:

  1. Thank God for Olive. I am not a fan of cats. I have an allergic reaction 🤧 😕 from them. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well written & touching!! God bless Olive for all that she does to care of God's little creatures. I think cats & dogs are loyal pets & also good company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful that she and others like her care for them as they do. Angels on earth. Thank you so much. 🥰

      Delete
  3. Olive is kind. I don’t like cats, but they love me. Thank you to Olive and all animal lovers. Love the positivity in a world full of -isms (racism, sexism, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. The world needs all of the positivity it can get.🥰

      Delete

Good People Are Everywhere

Do you need a couple of dollars? A little voice behind me asked. I turned and found a  lady behind me at the grocery checkout counter. “No,”...